• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

lets talk tranny swap eaton

Alrighty straight to the Chase I'm sick and tired of my nv I know its going out just don't know when. I've decided on what I want to do but need more info that what i can find. I want to swap in an eaton 8ll as that was the tranny I grew up loving in the old dump truck we used as a grain truck. It's what is familliar and its an eaton. But I'm open to suggestionsMy problem is how in the heck I'm going to mount that big sob. What transfer case to use? What clutch and flywheel? Bellhouseing? Is there a kit somewhere? Then once it is in how to convert my clutch? Get one out of the donor truck and fab it up? What is my cruising speed going to be in 8 at 1800 rpm?I have 353 gearsin it I believeor right about there and my tire is a 285/70/r17Sorry for the scatter brain gotta love ADD :smart:thanks for all info and recomendations the more criticism the better