• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Memories of

These discussions on steering problems got me thinking. (http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/4860-Info-needed-Asap-please-fellas) Too many years ago... when I was separated, divorce pending, my soon to be ex had my Jap Challenger.

Posted Image

Came the day we swapped back... I found the car had a half turn or more free play in the steering... it was a challege to keep it between the lines. Whats-her-name was a bar fly... where I found her... where she returned... We have not spoken since I moved out and there would be no point in asking what she did to that car. (What's another lie?)

I found the adjustment on the steering box was stripped out. WTF?? The dealership claimed they could not get steering boxes or covers? (Bad dealership advise, what else is new.) I was a mess at that time. I reluctantly let the car go. The next owner must have fixed it because I saw it on the road. I should have pursued repairs. I know now that I could have found used parts eventually or had the hole welded up & rethreaded.

Live & learn...

I guess this is just one of a list of regrets from that period...

Russ

It was a darn nice car if you could get by the reuse of the nameplate on a Jap built car. It had a lot of nice features for the era. It was a 2600 inline 4 OHC with a 5 speed stick. (And a black rub mark on the console where my holster rubbed on it. I paid it off working part-time second job for the local PD.)

Well, it sure wasn't a V8... wouldn't burn rubber... but with the 5 speed and the 2600 it would easily pull 75 or more. Would have been a real scorcher with a 318... I had expensive Michilin XVS rubber on it initially... didn't have to slow down for corners.