• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Parts combo questions

I got a raptor 150 showin up any day now, AFE blade runner on order, and am planning to go with an hx40 and 150 horse injectors. Was wondering what u guys thot of th combo together with my juice and what my estimated power cud be. Someday I hope to crack 650hp:tongue:

• Owner

I can give you this much... * AirDog 150 * BHAF * Straight pipe 3" exhaust * Edge Comp (wire tapped) 381/831 - Dyno'ed Meridian Motorsports 2007 http://articles.mopar1973man.com/members-rides/17-mopar1973man/145-2002-dodge-ram-dyno-results So I'm right at 400 HP to the ground with Rv275's now... So now also consider all the weak link. * Transmission (manual or auto) will require updated input shaft, torque converter (auto) or better clutch. * Head gasket is good for 40-50 PSI but that's about it. So your talking about 65 PSI boost at least. Rule of thumb is 1 PSI makes 10 HP. * Valve springs will need to be updated to 90 pound. You'll find the farther you cross the 400-450 HP mark the less reliable the truck will be come and more prone to failure.

• Like 2

I can give you this much... * AirDog 150 * BHAF * Straight pipe 3" exhaust * Edge Comp (wire tapped) 381/831 - Dyno'ed Meridian Motorsports 2007 http://articles.mopar1973man.com/members-rides/17-mopar1973man/145-2002-dodge-ram-dyno-results So I'm right at 400 HP to the ground with Rv275's now... So now also consider all the weak link. * Transmission (manual or auto) will require updated input shaft, torque converter (auto) or better clutch. * Head gasket is good for 40-50 PSI but that's about it. So your talking about 65 PSI boost at least. Rule of thumb is 1 PSI makes 10 HP. * Valve springs will need to be updated to 90 pound. You'll find the farther you cross the 400-450 HP mark the less reliable the truck will be come and more prone to failure.

How did you pick up 160 HP on a 120HP comp ?? If that was the only difference. Im just not seeing it. Not saying it aint true - but ..... ??? What you think here mike ? I have Juice Hot CTS and 75 hp injectors and twin turbos ...... and can almost guarantee I'm under 400. Not by much. The rest is debatable ........ just depending on who you talk to and what experience they've had. Springs and input shaft for auto I know guys running 500-550 HP on stock. Whether its smart in the long run I dont know - but they have been running a while and NO issues - probably 2-3 guys I can think of right now. Just saying it "generally" takes a lot more than people think to hit 500Hp ..... so throwing Id like to make a SO vp do 650-700hp takes a LOT of coin and work. :thumb1:

• Owner

Several other factor like tire size, rotational weight, etc... I've seen with my own eyes After I dyno'ed that day my buddy dyno'ed his 97 1 ton and was just under me by about 5 HP. I teased and egg'ed him on. It got him so bad that he got off the rollers and pull the outer duals off and got back on beat me by about 15 more HP. This proves rotational weight of the axle plays a role in HP totals.Then I watch several huge jacked up Ford trucks with 37" tire barely roll 200-250 HP because of the losses in the tires...Remember I'm a big fan of 235's... :whistle:

ya i think i see a TC and head studs in my near future. if I can even hit 500 I'll be:)! I'm wonderin about my egts with 150s. we're settin the turbo up for 50lbs max boost. maybe 100 horse injectors wood be better?

ya i think i see a TC and head studs in my near future. if I can even hit 500 I'll be:)! I'm wonderin about my egts with 150s. we're settin the turbo up for 50lbs max boost. maybe 100 horse injectors wood be better?

Is it the normal hx40 or the S-HX40 ? They have different maps. Good thing your turbo is probably going to be limiting factor .......... but you can easily upgrade as the flange is same for most aftermarkets ..... Whos injectors ? You will slip a stock TC after around 350-400 hp. BEst you can do is try, dyno it ....... and see where your at.

There i'm booked in to get a new TC put in. goin BD triple disc high stall. can't wait to see what this'll do for my tranny temps!! Iv've already done the springs and done 2 small BD upgrades to up my line pressure so i hope it will all work better with a decent TC. Johnfak, i do believe it is a S-HX40 but not entirely sure. its been modified to be ready for twinning so maybe we can go head to head some day:lol::lol:. right now we're just settin it up to max out at 50 psi. also the injectors are comin from BD so whatever they sell.

There i'm booked in to get a new TC put in. goin BD triple disc high stall. can't wait to see what this'll do for my tranny temps!! Iv've already done the springs and done 2 small BD upgrades to up my line pressure so i hope it will all work better with a decent TC. Johnfak, i do believe it is a S-HX40 but not entirely sure. its been modified to be ready for twinning so maybe we can go head to head some day:lol::lol:. right now we're just settin it up to max out at 50 psi. also the injectors are comin from BD so whatever they sell.

What modifications ? Once you get close to 450hp going to have to think about a billet input. So if you dont have it now - get it whilst your dropping for the 3x disk (guess what I DIDNT do :banghead:). 50 psi is probably going to take you close to 450hp as guess - so curious if you can hit that on the hx40. It can be used in twins - but Id sell it and get a s300 super b for that :) good luck
  • Like 1

No not a big difference till your built for full track use. Even then its a mild increase...

xx2 :thumb1: Id run a tunnel ram before I ran the intake elbow - as that can help spoolup and reduce egt. But its a 50/50 call at $200