• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Drum brakes

Alright, so I got a laundry list of items I have for the truck and one of them is to service the rear brakes. I have not done drums in years. Last night, it took me like 2 hours to get one side back together. Let alone, I think I did it wrong. :banghead:If any of you guys have pics of both sides, I would appreciate it. I think I have everything on right, except the shoes. I believe it matters what shoe goes on what side, right?I became a cussing man again last night, which I did not like. Bought new spring hardware, etc. and man they are STIFF! I even bought a brake tool and its not even worth my time, stupid thing!Gaaaah! :ahhh:Also, I'm draining my brake lines and putting new fluid in and will be checking the calipers. Will I need to mess with the ABS at all when doing any of this? Any extra line or places I need to drain the brake fluid from with the ABS?

Okay you scallywags! I have the rear brakes all fixed up on both sides and correctly! With everyones great help, I managed to find out that the shoes do matter! These are the servo-style drum brakes and the thicker shoes go to the rear.I got them on with all new hardware as well. Looks very purdy! Got my ant seize all gooped up in the right spots and now just need to get the new drums on!BTW, I still need to know about the ABS portion of all this, too. So I would appreciate it if someone could chime in and tell me all of whats involved in bleeding the brake system.