• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Ok...On my last outing I seem to be having a problem with the main power lead coming into the RV. What is happening I was laying on the couch and watching TV (Small black and white TV) off my inverter which barely drawing 1.8 Amps and MoparMom would run a little water and the voltage would fall fast. Flip on a light volt would fall. Turn everything off and the volt meter shows low 12's... But just a few lights with drop in below 10 Volts in a short time. So I'm assuming there is still a weak connection between the batteries and the fuse panel since everything seems affected by it.

If you are dry camping then I would think of at least two areas to look at: loose or corroded connection; weak battery(s).If you are plugged into power then maybe a loose or corroded connection. I am not sure what operatring characteristics you would see if the inverter had a bad internal connecting or weak component.

• Owner

It was a loose / poor connection. I found the junction area in a storage basement and re-twisted the line for the 12V and set the wire nut down tight. Then clean the light oxidation off the post and the terminals gave them a oil treatment like the truck. I want to replace the ring terminal and nip back a bit of the wire to freshen the connection but use soldier on ring terminals. Better than crimp ons.I did a quick test run and system worked better. Less voltage drop from a things. Like I fired up my 400w inverter plugged in a compact florescent light, VCR, and my portable 5" black and white TV. It was drawing 20 watts (1.6 Amps) and staying up at 12.2 to 12.3 with a full charge. As for operation of everything while plugged in... I can flip on every light in the house and the inverter to boot and still hold 13.5 to 13.6 with the converter running.The slide even moves a bit faster now while on battery compared to before...I know I know... I tell you guys all the time and this time I should of heeded my own warnings... :banghead:Yes I can still sit back and laugh about it... :lmao2::lmao: