• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

97 Cirrus... MPG fooler? Chip?

This is probably a dumb idea... but I'm toying with the idea of a MPG chip (never complain of few extra horses but most of driving is GrandPa driving, but even grandpa needs to accelerate to merge sometimes). The Cirris is no pup... but I think it's mechanically sound. It's my daily driver and better MPG would be real nice. Simple wiring or plug & play wanted.I see some add ons that appear to be IAT Foolers. Anything else I should look at?

I think the IAT foolers are being over hyped (and way too expensive for what they are). Deceptive & I suspect a lot of unhappy customers. I think there must be some sort of chip that really does work... may be more than I can afford.

http://performancechipsnow.com/Chrysler%20Performance%20Chips/Chrysler%20Cirrus%201995-2000 Hi Russell, With our chip you should see a 2-4mpg increase with a HP increase of approximately 10%. Our chip sends a signal through the Air Intake sensor to change the air/fuel ratio. Here are the step-by-step instructions; we can provide manufacturer's diagrams upon request. 1. Disconnect the battery 2. Take one identified IAT wire and put the wire tap over the wire on the side that allows the wire to go all the way through. (nothing is removed, cut or disconnected - open the wire tap a bit so the wire fits inside) 3. Take one black module wire (either one) and put it through the other end of the wiretap. 4. Once both wires are in the wiretap, you use pliers to clamp down on the metal tab to create the splice. 5. Repeat the same steps with the 2nd IAT wire and the 2nd black module wire. 6. Secure the module using the zip ties provided 7. Keep the battery disconnected for 2 hours 8. Reconnect the battery and GO! Let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you..PCN On 2012-06-13 16:13, russell wrote: > I am interested in a chip for better fuel mileage for my daily > driver, a 97 Chrysler Cirrus 2.5 V6 At 61 years old, I do more > GrandPa driving but I don't object to a bit more power since I have > control of the GO pedal. There are times when one must power out of > trouble. > > I would like a link to the install instructions. From what I am > reading, I gatherthat your chip uses a fooler type program to adjust > the ECM. What parameters does it adjust? > > Russell *** *** *** *** *** *** And this one: http://www.performancechipsdirect.com/

• 3 weeks later...