• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Auto Door Lock Delete

I was wonderin if there was any1 out there who knew a trick for switchin off the automatic door locks. I get so :sick: of drivin across the yard n if u hit 10 mile an hour your doors are locked and I'm usually at the passenger door by the time i remember it:banghead:. Mayb its something the dealer has to delete, i just thot they did sumthin with the door lock switch.:shrug:

i was reading the manual for a different model of car, a chevy product i think. i seem to remember there was a sequence of turning key on off that enabled/disabled features. not sure if this was one of them or if it will work on dodges, but it wouldn't hurt to consult the manual.i do hate all the safety things manufactures do to cars, horn honks in gear door open, doors lock automatically in gear, it all drives me nuts.

After I programmed mine to not auto-lock at 10mph now I have to hit unlock on my remote twice to unlock doors. Was only once before. When I hit unlock the first time the dome light comes on then when I hit it again the doors unlock. Haven't found the answer to that one via google yet.

After I programmed mine to not auto-lock at 10mph now I have to hit unlock on my remote twice to unlock doors. Was only once before. When I hit unlock the first time the dome light comes on then when I hit it again the doors unlock. Haven't found the answer to that one via google yet.

maybe that one has to do with the alarm?

i did a test on this, at a certain distance the rf DB level is only so much and it will only trigger the dome light so you can see your vehicle from a distance but keep it locked. it will only unlock at a certain proximity so only you can get into the vehicle. Safety i guess. i could be wrong...

On mine I can stand right at the door and hit unlock once and dome light comes on and hit again and doors unlock. Before I programmed the auto-lock it would unlock on first hit. I might program auto locks back on and see then program back off again.