• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No Power to the #4 pin on my 7-pin trailer plug

My truck is equipped with the tow package and the 7-pin receptacle for trailer lights/brakes/etc. I have an electric brake controller in the cab. The ground (pin #1), left turn/brake light (#5), tail light (#3), right turn/brake (#6) and electric brake (#2) all work. As I understand it, pin #4 (2 o'clock) is used to charge the battery in the RV trailer. I checked the #4 pin with ignition on & it was dead. I looked at the trailer fuse (40 amp) in the power distribution panel under the hood and it looks good. Where else should I look for the disconnect? Also what is the auxiliary pin (#7, in the center) used for & how is it switched?Appreciate your help,Joe in St Louis

Re-check the fuse with ohm meter (DVM) I've found several fuses that are cracked and not blown...

Mike, Can't say I've seen a fuse quite like those in the power dist. box before. I tried wiggling it & pulling it out but it didn't seem like it wanted to come out. Am I going about it wrong? Do you know if the power is switched by the ignition? Is there a relay that turns power on to that pin in the plug? Thanks for your help - appreciate your time!

With the help of Mike's wiring diagram I was able to trace the hot lead from the PDC back to the receptacle, and found a corroded, broken connection. All fixed now - Thanks Mike!The diagram didn't exactly match my '99. I found a pair of connectors behind the left front wheel well; a small one for the truck tail lights and a larger one for the 7 pin trailer receptacle. And my power wire was solid red as opposed to red/orange.Appreciate the help!Joe in St Louis

• Like 2