• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47RE OD + Lockup control

Ok, so many of you may know my transmission issues I've been fighting. I've gotten most of those out of the way..

But the PO didn't have the 47RE's OD button wired up (truck was converted from 4500 to 47RE.)

I've been looking at the wiring diagrams on both the 96 and 97. Same wiring, different colors..

In the '96, there seems to be 5 connections of importance on the OD switch:

[*]RD - To PCM C13 --> TRANS OD SENSE SWITCH

[*]BK - To Ground

[*]DB - Fuse 11 10A (RUN)

[*]OR - Illum. (Fog Lamp Switch)

[*]LG - To PCM C6 --> OD Lamp Driver

On the '97..

[*]OR/WT - To PCM C13 --> Trans OD Sense Switch

[*]BK/OR - To Ground

[*]DB/WT - Fuse 11 10A (RUN)

[*]OR - Fuse 13 6A (Fog Lamp Switch, Hot when HL switch in Park)

[*]LG/OR - To PCM C6 --> OD Lamp Driver

I guess when the switch is depressed, it appears to ground pin1 from pin2. pins 3 & 5 are used to illuminate the OD lamp on the dash (O.D. OFF ?)

So that seems simple enough..

NOW.. For the TCC.. I assume

I'm contemplating having the option to not engage 4th, unless the toggle is flipped... Same for the TCC..

Trans Solenoid Assembly, Pin 7 (OR/BLK) is TCC Sol. Control, and it goes to the PCM B11.

Apparently, it takes a toggle switch.. one leg to the pin7, the other leg of the toggle to a 33 ohm resistor, then on to ground..

Ok, so many of you may know my transmission issues I've been fighting. I've gotten most of those out of the way..

But the PO didn't have the 47RE's OD button wired up (truck was converted from 4500 to 47RE.)

I've been looking at the wiring diagrams on both the 96 and 97. Same wiring, different colors..

In the '96, there seems to be 5 connections of importance on the OD switch:

[*]RD - To PCM C13 --> TRANS OD SENSE SWITCH

[*]BK - To Ground

[*]DB - Fuse 11 10A (RUN)

[*]OR - Illum. (Fog Lamp Switch)

[*]LG - To PCM C6 --> OD Lamp Driver

On the '97..

[*]OR/WT - To PCM C13 --> Trans OD Sense Switch

[*]BK/OR - To Ground

[*]DB/WT - Fuse 11 10A (RUN)

[*]OR - Fuse 13 6A (Fog Lamp Switch, Hot when HL switch in Park)

[*]LG/OR - To PCM C6 --> OD Lamp Driver

I guess when the switch is depressed, it appears to ground pin1 from pin2. pins 3 & 5 are used to illuminate the OD lamp on the dash (O.D. OFF ?)

So that seems simple enough..

NOW.. For the TCC.. I assume

I'm contemplating having the option to not engage 4th, unless the toggle is flipped... Same for the TCC..

Trans Solenoid Assembly, Pin 7 (OR/BLK) is TCC Sol. Control, and it goes to the PCM B11.

Apparently, it takes a toggle switch.. one leg to the pin7, the other leg of the toggle to a 33 ohm resistor, then on to ground..

Now you've ruined everything for me. I was following along hoping to learn something, and you turn Techno geek on me. Now I'm lost.:think::whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried to complete this project last friday..Needless to say, the schematics I have( listed above) are incorrect.. Where it says there should be a wire, there isn't.. Or it's a completely different color in that PCM slot..And the OD button on the shift stalk is only a 2-wire connector, which is pulse-continuity.. So I ASSuME that depressing the button trips a latching relay in the PCM for the OD circuit..trouble is.. I don't know if it's a ground pulse, or a 12V pulse or what., let alone the fact that I can't even find the appropriate wires at the PCM. :cookoo: