• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

had a little time to 'key' the '00 ctd.. not what I expected!

My son called me last night, he was on his way home in our '00 Ram ctd. The little outline of the engine in the dash had been lit for the past couple of days. Is this the MIL?anyway, he said the truck started bucking and sputtering, and the tach was going wild. He shut it off, and he knew about the key method to retrieve a code. He called me with the P1693 code, but he didn't know to wait for the last half of the report.Long story short, He got home, the truck started fine and ran home perfect. the MIL light went out too.I had a minute to check this afternoon, and ran the code just like Michael explained in his video: cycle 3 times, I got the P1693 code, then P done. It went straight back to odometer from there. I did this a couple times with same result....NO 2nd report. (Goes straight back to odometer)Is this an emission problem? I see if so, a couple 'trips' will erase a momentary problem but not a DTC. My son ran it about 70 miles last night on the way home....... Next time the MIL light comes on, I'll run the key again.... correct?I was already to dig the wallet out for a new injector pump and lift pump.... It still running the original with just over 200k miles... I think I'll replace the lift pump with either a fass or bullydog...

That code doesnt really tell you much about whats going on.... would be very helpful if you knew what kind of fuel pressure you were running to injection pump. A gauge would be a strong consideration esp if you are thinking about putting a new injection pump on. As far as lift pumps are concerned, i know alot of people will insist on getting a 150. While they are superior pumps and the extra filtration is a bonus, if your running relative stock set up the fass or airdog 100 are more than sufficient. I have an airdog and have had zero problems with it. I can run level 9 on my smarty and pump will drop no more than 3 to 4 psi at wot.

• Like 1