• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Suspension

ADawg

Alright guys i need some advice. My 05 has a 4.5 lift on it and the when I turn it creeks and clunks pretty bad. I had my whole steering gear box replaced years ago when it was still covered on the warranty. I think the gear box is making a little noise again not as bad as it was when I replaced it. The funny thing is it does it worse when the humidity is high :think: anyways I want to just put all new stuff in like ball joints etc and of course I would love to get all Carli suspension but it is really expensive. So should I just replace it all with new stock or buy lets say the carli suspension upgrades piece by piece to have top quality parts. Are they any other top quality manufactures of suspension parts for our trucks? Thanks in advance for any help! NOTE: so after researching it a little what about one of those steering linkage upgrade post-11448-138698192992_thumb.jpg http://www.straptperformance.com/product/1432/Mopar-Steering-Linkage-Upgrade/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The lift wont effect the BJ's, but the tires will, especially if you ever leave the pavement. If you don't wheel hardcore then you probably don't need the Carli parts, but I would step up from stock. I will be going with Dynatrac's this winter, and still not sure for tie-rod ends. I head mixed results on the 08.5+, and will stick with my OEM 05 stuff as I already own it :)Did your lift come with a drop pitman arm?

Hey Thanks for the response :thumbup2:

My lift did not come with a drop pitman arm the instructions said to flip the piece that connects to the arm so it goes in from the bottom instead of the top. Hope that makes sense. My lift is only a 4.5 inch. I do not go off roading often. I would love to get Carli for 800 bucks thats a lot of money but if you want quality you have to pay for it I guess.

What Dynatrac's stuff are you going with?

• 4 weeks later...

How much play if any are allowed in ball joints? Had tires rotated and one shop says they are going bad, went to another for a second opinion and said all is fine? The first just checked by jerking the wheel.2003 Ram Cummins NV5600 with gauges and a Smarty! Not much more.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk