• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Interior Electrical Issue

My truck has had some electrical issues with door locks and windows since I got it but the latest is weird. I can unlock my doors either with the key fob or the switch and they unlock when I turn the key off..normal; however, they won't lock in any of the mentioned ways (fob, switch, or when key is turned on). Once in a while they'll work so I assume there's a loose connection somewhere. So, before I start tearing apart areas that have nothing to do with it, could someone with experience in this area steer me in the right direction. Thank

I assume you're referring to the OE keyless entry system?Are they the original fobs?if they always unlock, but not always lock, it could be a programming issue, possibly.Also, they locks won't lock when the key is turned on (factory, anyway). Mine always locked at about 10-15mph or so.Out of curiosity, have you replaced the master switch assembly in the drivers door?

you can test, also:

pop out the driver's side switch assembly, unplug. Find Pink/Violet (pin 5)and Orange/Violet (pin1).

Using 12v and ground jumper wires, apply 12v (pin 3) to one of the violet-striped wires, and gnd (pin 2) to the other.. The door lock should trip (or unlock.) reverse your jumpers and repeat. the lock should trip the other way.

It's a 5-wire revering polarity design.

If this works, then I'd test the switch assembly for continuity of the adjoining pins in the switch.

Repeat this process for the passenger-side door switch assembly.

Drivers Side wiring:

1 - ORG/VIO - to Pass. pin 4

2 - BLK/ORG - to ground (also to drivers pin 4)

3 - RED - to 12V (fuse 19)

4 - see pin 2 above

5 - PNK/VIO - to Pass. pin 2

Pass. Side wiring:

1 - ORG/BLK - to lock motors

2 - PINK/VIO - to drivers pin 5

3 - RED - 12V (fuse 19)

4 - ORG/VIO - Drivers Pin 1

5 - PNK/BLK - to lock motors