• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Low power issue with no codes

I have a 100% stock 01 3500 SC 4x4 6 spd 3.54, 190k. Fuel psi 8-11 after filter under load, clean air filter, no codes, starts and runs great but no upper end power. I have ran it with a solus plugged in an monitored boost and it says its making 30 psi, turbo feels good, no boost leaks, we have swapped ecm's and map sensor with no change. I have down loaded a smarty on highest setting with almost no change. No power and no smoke even with smarty. I have even disconnected exhaust with no change. Has anyone ever experienced a VP failure with these symptoms and no codes? I guess thats probly what i will try next. Open for ideas though.

• Owner

Has anyone ever experienced a VP failure with these symptoms and no codes?

VP44 are know to fail with out codes. As for myself my first and only VP44 failure was a P0216 failure. :rolleyes:

Fuel psi 8-11 after filter under load

Fuel pressure is too low you should try to stay above 14 PSI. So I would say its possible the VP44 is wore out from marginal fuel pressure.

I actually talked to him a while back and he referred me to an aftermarket set up to replace the stock canister $$$$I just picked up a perfectly good running raptor 100 with the dual filter set up for 100 bucks so once I get that installed I think Ill be fine as far as filtration is concerned, Id just like to be able to add a finer filter in my stock canister bieng thats the last stop before the vp. That and I probably wont install the raptor 100 until spring, Im going to be dropping the tank to run the 1/2 inch lines and am not up to it in the cold weather. Ive got more than adequate pressure feeding my vp right now, so Im not in to big a hurry.