• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Strange fuel pump problem

OH, I am a VERY UNHAPPY camper!!! Spent three hours in a freezing rain putting the DDRP in and now I have LESS pressure than I had before! 10Lbs. at idle and 6lbs. at 2000 rpm with no load. Can't drive it that way! Took forever to get fuel from the tank and I just had a feeling it was going to be bad. Not running with the pump running I can get 13 lbs.. Now I am absolutely sure Geno's will send me a replacement but I am 60 years old with a very bad back, I can't do this twice! This one time will have me laid up for a week. They make it sound like the install is simple, well on a 4x4 it is but a 2 wheel drive is a different animal. NO access from below.

- - - Updated - - -

Well took it out just to see how it would act since I know tech support will ask, again, 10-12 lbs. at idle and drops to 4 lbs. :wow::wow: during MILD acceleration with the Quad off. Needless to say truck is down for another week and I am pissed!!!

No Adjustments that I can find on the DDRP. I may have mislead when I said mine was the 95 gph. Someone gave two choices for the DDRP and mine is the higher choice. After a lot of checking it is not 95, it looks like maybe 75. But there is no adjustment that I can see unless it is under the mount and I am not going to remove that and void the warranty.

Sorry, mine's the FRRP pump, but I did find this: http://www.genosgarage.com/installation_instructions/FASS_DDRP02.pdf Ed

Yea, I got that with my pump. Got hold of Geno's and I have to say the customer service is first rate. Seems that there were some DDRP pumps that left FASS with the wrong pressure relief springs in them. Of coarse FASS didn't tell the distributors, just gave then the right springs when the complaints started coming in. They are overnighting me the spring ad a relocation kit. Meanwhile FASS e-mails me and said, "It sounds like you have a weak relief spring, we will send you a new spring." So basically as far as FASS is concerned they screwed up but you have to fix it! OR you can send them the pump and they will check it out and then send it back. That could be pricey for someone who is paying to have the work done on their truck.

OK, Got the replacement pressure relief spring that Geno's overnighted to me and put it in and I am back in business. Totally different spring, somebody screwed up at FASS! Pressure is actually a bit on the high side at 23 idle but it does not seem to be giving me any issues. Went for a test ride and pressures look good. I have 23 at idle and 18 at WOT with the Quad on. I have not relocated the pump yet, bad weather and a job coming up on Friday that involves a long drive so I am just leaving it as is for now. Thanks again to Geno's for bailing me out on this one.Rick

• Like 1