• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bank's Ottomind Question

Hello All I have a 2001 Dodge 3500 24Val 6 Spd 4x4 i bought it from a local dealer a few month's ago and he could offer me no info on the truck other then it was a one owner truck used souly as a Fifth Wheel Camper hauler. Had all the Safe upgrade's a Fass 150 gph pump, BHAF, Aftermarket Intake Horn, Big line Kit, And Boost, pyro, and Fuel pressure(located right on the end of the hose as it enter's pump). I was cleaning the truck out the other day and found some wire's cleanly tucked under the Dash after removing the cover i found a Bank's Ottomind under the dash my question is what does this tunner do or is it a tunner if so to what extent compared to other tunner's. Also can you stack tunner's with it or is it even worth having on the truck? I did contact Bank's and got this reply "It is a tunner but it's not really and do not stack it at all we never tested it with any other tuner's good luck..." lol kinda not that helpful but hope you all can help more Thank's for reading await your anwser's

The way I always understood the Ottomind is its more of a safe guard for your truck than performance enhancer. It does things like provide additional torque management at critical shift points when the engine is under heavy loads and limits fueling at predetermined egt levels. So they probably would not be very compatable with performance tuners.