• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

BD-2 low kit??

Hello all I was looking threw my Geno Garage Mag. earlier and seen an item in it called a BD-2 low kit http://www.genosgarage.com/BD-2-LOW-KIT-94-01-4WD/productinfo/BD-1030703/ what i was wandering was does anyone on here have one installed or seen one in use and how well does it work. I owned a 76 blazer that had 2L-2H-4L-4H and the 2L came in hand alot to aid in getting heavy loads rolling easier with out using 4wd. Thank's for reading and look forward to response's.

i made my own 2 lo kit, used a 12v air solenoid. i put it in the vacuum line going to the 4x4 acuatator on the front axle. i use it backing up trailer. anybody with a Double Disk Clutch knows how jumpy it is backing a heavy load in high range.

no there is 2 vacuum lines running running to the front axle, (red and green) red locks the axle in 4x4 green unlocks it. i put the solenoid in the red line, so when i fip the switch it closes the air solenoid and does not let the front axle lock in. i picked up the solnoid for under 30 bucks. and had less than 5 in a switch and the wiring.ive never seen the BD kit but im assuming it works of the same principlealso this will not work on 02 and up trucks with the live front axle.

• Like 1

I think the BD kit actually swaps the vacuum to the unlock side so you have a positive pull towards disconnect where as if you just plumb a air/electric valve in the lock side then your collar would not be "pulled" to the unlock position. I had a posi lock on one of my previous trucks and i got along with it fine, however it was not wife/kid friendly when it was needed as you kind of had to coax it in and out while moving the truck to find the "slack". I am gonna try the BD one next......just as soon as i get my motor rebuilt. Lol

I think the BD kit actually swaps the vacuum to the unlock side so you have a positive pull towards disconnect where as if you just plumb a air/electric valve in the lock side then your collar would not be "pulled" to the unlock position. I had a posi lock on one of my previous trucks and i got along with it fine, however it was not wife/kid friendly when it was needed as you kind of had to coax it in and out while moving the truck to find the "slack". I am gonna try the BD one next......just as soon as i get my motor rebuilt. Lol

I will agree with this. The Posi-Lock is not as intuitive as others, but it is definitely functional :)