• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Headlight upgrade

That sounds.... Interesting. Considering the housings are plastic I don't see how anything could short out aside from in the harness - and where was constant power even accessible to short to? I hate to say it but that really sounds like a truck side wiring problem. Tapatalking in traffic

I was thinkin' the same thing..

The housing around the halo and high/low beams have metal contacts and rings in em. A guy I woek with is a 12v guru and I had him tear em apart to find out why they are staying on, that's the verdict he came back to me with. :shrug:Not sure why but now the halos are burnt out. When I bought my truck it had the same lights in it, halos and the led lights were all out. plus the lens's were sun damaged so I replaced em, not a fan at all.

12v guru, huh? :think: Lights off = zero voltage to headlights, period. But, yeah, the halos seem to be the first thing to take a crap on the ebay lights.

At the expense of making my self sound a tad bit stupider lol :lmao:I honestly don't know much about em besides they are junk. That would be why I had my buddy check em out. This not to say they were previously wired wrong, and I have just followed suit. But to get to my point, they look awesome but are very bad quality.