• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

i will be installing my first lift pump friday ,it on a used 2002 2500 4x4 dodge(duh) 59k miles .anyone have any advice on items not covered in the instructions ? my stock pump has 11 psi at idle and since i have seen all the horror stories in the forums i decided to fork out some cash and do it. is the line from the pump to the fuel filter larger than stock , if so should the line from the filter to the vp44 be increased also ? thanks for any advice

If bolting it in place of the carter pump on the side of the block, they should send you the fittings and neccessary lines to hook everything up. It will tie into the line coming from the tank just like , and the outlet will have a section of hose that you will cut to length to tie into the filter canister. Very straight forward install.

• Like 1

If bolting it in place of the carter pump on the side of the block, they should send you the fittings and neccessary lines to hook everything up. It will tie into the line coming from the tank just like , and the outlet will have a section of hose that you will cut to length to tie into the filter canister. Very straight forward install.

I see that you have a raptor frrp. How do you like it? I just installed one and can't get pressure below 23psi. idle. Other then that it was a simple easy install.

Are you adjusting it properly? It should have been set at around 14 Psi from the factory IIRC. To adjust the pressure you simply loosen the smaller nut (5/8 maybe? I can't remember off hand I haven't adjusted mine since the day I installed it) and then turn the screw in to decrease the pressure. If that's not doing anything, you may want to put a call into where ever you ordered it from and let them know. 23 Psi is a little on the high side for the VP it is possible to blow the seal out on the shaft and leak fuel into the gear case.I have only had my Raptor for a little over a year now but so far it has been good. It has the capabilities of maintaining good fuel pressure with my Smarty and 40 horse injectors, the only down fall is I would like additional filtration. I was in a pinch last year when I bought it I had just shelled out some bones for a new VP and a furnace for the house. If I could have afforded the 100 with twin filters I would have went that route but such is life. Ive wondered if one could retro fit a raptor to the twin filter housing of the 100, they appear to be very similar...

Just talked to the folks that made the pump. They said to remove the regulator and cut one coil from spring. I will try this later. Also talked to Blue Chip about pressure and they said as long as It doesn't go to 30 psi drive it and enjoy.

installed the pump and only get 10 psi after the filter ,(yes the filter is new) checked all of my connections and they are solid .genos (fass)said to strech the spring or they would send a replacement spring . i asked for a new spring, not into messing with a spring anyone else have this problem ?

- - - Updated - - -

yes i did check the pressure with 2 different guages......

installed the pump and only get 10 psi after the filter ,(yes the filter is new) checked all of my connections and they are solid .genos (fass)said to strech the spring or they would send a replacement spring . i asked for a new spring, not into messing with a spring anyone else have this problem ?

- - - Updated - - -

yes i did check the pressure with 2 different guages......

I had the same issue with the spring, they sent out a bad batch and did not tell the distributors about it. Geno's will send you a new spring. I got the new spring and now have 23# at idle.