• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

EXCESSIVE SMOKE

HOPE THIS ISN'T A DUMB QUESTION BUT I PUT 155 INJECTORS IN MY 00 CUMMINS AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW A WAY TO TONE DOWN THE SMOKE A BIT. A COUPLE OF BUDDIES HAVE 150'S AND DON'T SEEM TO SMOKE NEAR AS MUCH AS ME.

• Owner

No question is a dumb question! :thumbsup You might want to fill out your signature with the mods you do have so we can better help you... :D Do you have a full set of gauges on your truck? What kind of boost are you getting? If you don't have enough boost your going to create a lot of black smoke. Now is the black smoke all the time or what?

SORRY ABOUT THE LACK OF INFO, I HAVE AN EDGE JUICE W/ATTITUDE K&N INTAKE BD HELPER AT 27 PSI THE 155'S AND 5" EXHAUST 5 SPEED. I KEEP THE CHIP ON STOCK IF I SWITCH IT TO EVEN 1 I'M BLOWING AN OBSENE AMOUNT OF SMOKE MY MAX BOOST IS 25 PSI MAX, I WAS TRYING TO STEER AWAY FROM A BIGGER TURBO IN HOPES OF KEEPING MY CYLINDER HEAD INTACT. I HAVE ACTULLY HEARD BIO CUTS DOWN ON SMOKE BUT THATS A WHOLE DIFFERENT SUBJECT. A COUPLE THOUGHTS I HAD WERE PROPANE? OR MAYBE RUNNING STACKS WITH WITH A CAT FROM A NEWER DIESEL TO HOPEFULLY SOLIDIFY THE SOOT ON AN AVERAGE TAKE OFF. I DON'T MIND SO MUCH WHEN I'M REALLT GETTING ON IT. THE PROBLEM IS I LIVE IN A SOME WHAT "TREE HUGGER" TOWN IN CALIFORNIA AND I'M SURE IT WON'T BE LONG UNTIL I GET A NOTICE IN THE MAIL TO SEE A DMV CHECK STATION. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. P.S IT DOSENT SMOKE ALL THE TIME ONLY ON BOOST BUILD.

What do you use your truck for???? Do you tow at all??? Dude, with those sticks, IMHO you just need more air. Plain and simple. The new larger singles aren't as laggy as they were in the past. But if you're getting as much smoke as you say, twins probably would be even better. I know its a lot of $$$$$ but if you want less smoke, it's something you must consider. I think the turbo route would be less of a pain than propane also. Around my parts propane is the same price as diesel!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Cut the low boost fueling down to 3 or less, and that should cut it down a little.

That would do it... I forgot to look at the signatuyre for that... Good catch! :thumbsup Sub levels... Sub Level Fuel Rate 1 33% of Fuel is supplied until 20 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied 2 50% of Fuel is supplied until 15 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied 3 67% of Fuel is supplied until 10 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied 4 adds less fuel than Sub-level 5 5 adds the most fuel at low boost