• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Did my first MPG check

Went on a fairly long trip this morning (600kms) to bring home another Suzuki Samurai and decided to actually calculate the mileage. I ended up getting 17mpgs. Half was empty trailer of course, but I'm pretty happy with those numbers. The trailer is a 16 foot and the Sammy weighs about 2600lbs so the load wasn't real big. I was driving fairly fast too 110km/hr and there was some hilly sections and a bit of wind to fight. That was with the Comp set on 1x5. I had it on 3x5 for a bit but my EGTs seemed to stay above 700 too much. I sure like the 2 stroke oil in the fuel, it does quiet down my engine a lot. Too bad fuel is $1.18 a liter here now. The trip cost me $97 The Sammi was only $550 lol

Are you planning on a build with the Samurai? Or a daily driver?17mpg is better than I can get hauling a trailer. I hauled mine back from Cincinnati empty (about 325 miles) and averaged around 16 running 65 - 68 mph. Averaged just over 14 on the way down with a Mustang.

• Like 1

I'm going to do some work on this Sammi and probably sell it. I did a list today and it's the 19th Samurai I've bought in the last 5 years. The motor has a rod knock but I have a perfect 1.3 in my shop to use in it. They are so nice to work on, that I enjoy tinkering on them. I'm trying to work up enough cash to help finish my house renos that are going on 3 years. I have a patient wife or I would be single by now lol.... Eventually I want one of each Suzuki model, soft top, tin top, long wheel base and truck. I have the truck and soft top so far and I have a line on the other 2 models. This is the $550 beauty...lol

post-11741-138698203709_thumb.jpg

post-11741-138698203721_thumb.jpg