• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Leaking valve cover question

I decided to have my shop install my rv275's and gould vac pump reseal kit... hoping that I could avoid tearing anything apart myself since this is the busy time of year for work. But now that my fuel and oil leaks are fixed... another oil leak has presented itself behind the motor, I believe from the valve cover. I gave them a brand new gasket from Geno's to install when they did the injectors. I am thinking they must have just not seated the gasket properly as it never leaked there before. Instead of wasting the time (and oil) driving it back to the shop, I want to do this myself. I recently read something about the newer trucks having something interlaced through the gasket for the fuel lines, is this true on our trucks as well? I am hoping it is just a matter of popping the valve cover off, readjusting the gasket and tightening it down again. On a positive note, the truck feels awesome and is regaining some it's lost fuel mileage already since the injectors. Once this leak is sealed my truck will be damn near 100% which is a rare thing haha.

I have seen the gasket you describe but not on mine, I think they go on a 12v not sure. It is possible they did not tighten the back bolt on the valve cover. I have had mine off several times and it is still not leaking. Might be the only place that is not.:lmao2:Mine is a rubber gasket(or similar material) and can be reused many times. You might want to put a wrench on it and see if it is snug. There is a torque spec on it but i cant remember what it is. Might not be installed right either.

It's all good now, pulled the cover, cleaned the gasket and mating surfaces, and reinstalled it properly and snug. Tore up the streets for awhile with my new injectors, sprayed the motor clean at the carwash and then took a little highway trip and it hasn't leaked a drop yet. Letting it cool down overnight and will have some more fun tomorrow, and double check everything.