• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

straight veggie with a p pump

• Owner

Ok... I would consider the weather conditions and fuels... Being Veggie Oil will gel quickier I would be careful in cold country. The other factor is that Veggie Oil mixed in Diesel will seperate and settle to the bottom of the fuel in a gelled state. (Like bacon grease) The other problem is that Veggie oil in thicken state will cause strain on the injection pump. Then also might cause issues with injectors spraying the thicken fuel. (Poor performance) Just a few tidbit I heard about...:2cents:

with the idi and the stanadyne db2 i have a valve that switches back and forth. i am using a wrap around filter heater and im using the built in tranny cooler in my rad as a heat exchanger. it keeps the oil at 140 deg. at the ip no problem as long as its up to operating temp. the only problem i had was the ip's only last a year at best. that and when i switch to veggie it mixes the little bit of return diesel into the veggie tank and vice versa when switched back. what i need to do is do a dual filter head setup and switch from the filter heads right at the ip. and rig up a timed return setup to catch the mixture before switching the return. its complicated but it works. i usually just had to drain the tanks and flush them out every couple of months. well worth it when i get wvo free. temp isnt too bad here in fla. if i was up north i woud want to get an in tank heat exchanger/electric heater for sure. we rarely freeze down here.

• 4 months later...
http://www.oilcrusher.5u.com/ I replied on a previous thread and was not sure I could find the link but I did, above. This farmer has done his homework AND has empirical data to back it up! After reading this guy's info I would never recommend WVO or SVO to anyone. And I understand the problems with Biodiesel as well. The problem with almost ALL Biodiesel is that they also use WVO - what % - who knows!? Yes, I know they process it but this guy has tested Biodiesel and has found SALT in ALL of it! Salt + heat + close tolerance = big, expensive trouble! Salt can come from fried foods AND animal fat. Yes, you may be OK if you do not tow or haul taxing and heating up your engine... but if you do?! Look out! He has some case examples. I highly recommend reading this guys research!