• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello, I have a AIRDOG 100 on my truck. Along with a glow shift fuel pressure gauge. I recently washed my engine bay and had a water in fuel light. It went off after a couple miles of driving. And was told to drain my water filter so I did. And bumped the key to prime and pump and it did. But now my gauge doesn't ever move. And I can't ever hear the airdog run. Even when I bump the key. Anything I can do?!? Just runs fine!!

first things first don't drive it with no fuel pressure, you'll be buying a VP in a hurry. On to the problem, the main thing that isn't totally sealed in the airdog wiring harness is the relay, if that shorted out you could have either killed the relay or blown the airdog fuse, first thing I would check is the fuse in the airdog wiring, it should be fairly near the battery, if it's blown pull the relay, blow the water off of/out of it and replace the fuse then see what it does.

Anything that pertains to the pump. Its very possible you have a bad motor like was mentioned above, its just very strange it happened at the same time you washed the truck down. Does the motor smell like its gotten hot? I know on the AD someone gave me the motor was burned up and there was a very obvious burnt smell to it. (You had to be right up on it to smell it)

Fuse was blown. Replaced it and pumped primed. But as soon as I crank the key it blows the fuse?!?

Sound like a electric motor failure. Most likely it bound up and drawing more amps than normal which is blowing the fuse.

I had this happen to me with my 165. If there are no debris in the gears, then the pump is bad. I called airdog and told them. I had my warranty card sent in when I got it, so I never got an eye bat. Guy sent me a new pump and I installed it. Took the old one apart and the seal to the motor failed and diesel fuel got inside and ruined it.

I think you will be okay. IIRC when I called to get a replacement pump the guy told me they were having problems with the pumps doing what they were doing like mine did. So they came out with a better version of the pump and thats what they sent me. Seems like it must be a keeper as I've had no troubles, yet! Knock on wood!