• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got Some Ash Today

dorkweed

While I was driving thru the neighborhood today to go up and get some white oak that I couldn't fit on the truck a month ago............I drove by a house/lot that has essentially sat vacant for 10+ years now. It's right on the water..........Lake Miltmore.............I fish there a lot. Anyhow, there was a crew clearing the lot of all the "volunteer" trees.........mostly ash/box elder.After I got my load of oak back to the house; I went back (less than 1 mile) to the above. In my best "Spanglish", I was able to communicate with the amigo that if the cut wood was free, I'd take it. He said, "Si, Si, Si"!!!!!!!So 2 small loads in Mighty Whitey got me this. The pix don't show the oak that I had already split and stacked in the back yard today prior to these pix.

post-7-138698206271_thumb.jpg

post-7-138698206278_thumb.jpg

post-7-138698206284_thumb.jpg

Dorkweed if you every show up to Idaho I show you how to stuff a 1.5 cords on your truck and get the maximum carry capacity out of the bed. 192 Cu.Ft. is 1.5 Cords.

I have no doubt about that at all Mike.:smart: I could've gotten it all in 1 trip had I pulled out my dog crates and the platform they sit on out of the bed. But it was close (less than 1 mile away, so I made 2 trips. It took less than 1 hour. I used the 18 or so inches behind the crate platform and the tailgate to load the logs onto.