• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Reaching out

hex0rz

Well guys, I just felt the need to reach to y'all. I know some members are on here that are beyond my years and may even know a thing or two about this. Most importantly, maybe just read it and take it for whats its worth.My father in law, on Tuesday suffered what I classify as a heart attack. I was not there personally to see this. I did not even learn about until later that day after I got home from work.From what I understand that transpired, he and my mother in law and their son went out to the woods to go shooting. Getting the rifles set or made sure they were set for this years hunting season. They had finished their shooting and I guess out of no where he fell to the ground and blacked out. Once he recovered from it, he said he had no recollection of the event.Luckily, his most recent surgery involved his neck getting some pins put in. The doctor found out that the nitro he had was expired. So he got a new prescription for it. He took one nitro after this occured. He has suffered from a heart attack before and has one stint as well. This took place back in the early 2000's.Now, he is one stubborn man. His wife is too passive when it comes to his wishes. He REFUSED to go to the hospital! Trust me, I laid into him in a son in law type of way about not going to the doctor after this happened.I have not been able to see him since this happened, but I guess he has not been the same since then. He did go to the doctors the other day after a few of us scolded him for not doing so. His doctor told him that he was very worried about it and has got an appt. scheduld to see a heart doctor this Wednesday. He is only to do light things until then and cannot lift a SINGLE thing.I told him on the phone he needed to get an idea of what his vitals were like. That isntance and the docs, his vitals were fine. His cholesterol is even fine as well.The kicker to all this:He has an ear infection on his mastoid bone in his ear. It was scheduled to be done later this month. But because he had this, it has been cancelled until he gets this under control. Problem is, the docs are worried the infection could go to his brain and kill him!He is in a corner, IMO. NOT good. Dangit, he is suposed to live to see his grandkids! Its hard telling if this is finally gonna do him in or not. He has had a HARD life and it certainly would be a shame to see this chap go!I have a theory to this. Everything sure as heck may check out and show that it can certainly be confusing as to why he suffered from this event. But there is one thing that can be overlooked by most. Your heart is a muscle, it needs to be used and worked! He is disabled and has been since he was 28. Granted, it has only been sine I pretty much met my wife that it has gone downhill for him. The past couple years he has been very limited in his activities and has spent most of his time sitting in a chair. His gut will tell you the same, too.I also did a little reading on heart attacks, and what I can also make from it, if he has a serious infection from his ear, his white blood cell count should be up. If there is too much, it can cause a clump of them and caue a heart attack. Whatever the case may be, I need you guys to do some praying for me!If I can convince one of you guys on here that your life and health is important, it would make this time typing on here so very worth it! Take care of yourselves! Because your health matters to more than just you!Not too long after I joined this forum, his siser which is my wifes aunt, died from COPD. She got it from cigarettes. I watched her die among family, I do not want to tell you guys how I watched my father in law die from a heart attack or infection to the brain.

An Uncle had mysterious episodes... docs could not figure out. Finally the doc was chatting with him is the hospital lobby waiting for the car when he blacked out. The veins in his neck were clogged. Surgery was done which corrected it & he lived out his life. My heart is good, it's just the MS which sorks. I am unusual among males... as a younger man (62 now) I avoided doctors & when I went, they couldn't find the source of my problems. Probably MS in it's early stages... An ER is a poor place for care unless there's a lot of blood spilt or a heart attack... a good Primary Care doctor is a great asset.

I hope he finds some positive answers, quickly Hex! We will be keeping him in our thoughts and praying he comes through! My grandfather spent his 84th birthday on the golf course. He walked all 9 holes, refused to rent a cart (as always)Later that year he developed Parkinson's, he is now 88 and still hanging in there but very limited in his abilities. He is still sharp as can be, he stays up until 3 or 4am every Saturday playing poker with guys literally half his age, and almost always comes home with a pocket full of money! His disease has really taken a toll on him physically though. He was always such a tough ol bird, it's so heart breaking to see him so vulnerable and frail.

My grandfather on my dads side was born in 1889 and passed away in 1986 at 97, he farmed full time up until he was 88 when dad made him quit due to artheritis. He had many many heart attacks over the years and he just worked through them, he had bypass surgeries and he too refused to go to the DR later in life and suffered several attacks we knew of as he always had large black eyes and bruises from falling down stairs ect,In his exact word to going to the DR. "All they will do is give me more GAWD Dam pills, I already have a cupboard full of em" Well he lived another 10 years and suffered several attacks and not one trip to the dr, just popped a few more nitro pills and went about his day, but a stroke got the best of him in the end.Talk about a tough man!My grandmother, his wife had 4 way bypass in the early 80's and at the time life expectancy after that was 10 years max, she died last year at 96 years old. She too proved the medical industry wrong.My mother was diagnosed with MS when she was 19 years old and died in Feb from complications from it at 63, I saw how the medical industry failed her over the years for myself having had to take care of her for the last 15 years.My wife and Mother inlaw have lived the organic Holistic lifestyle most of their lives and I am full on board as well and my MIL being 80 years old and in perfect health yet says a lot.In short you are not going to change his thinking "Only he can do that if he wants", I am stubborn as was my grandfather and even more so seeing the breakdown in western medicine and practices and overall the whole medical system over the years will go the route of the holistic approach myself.

I'm hoping the heart doctor will say its something else other than his heart. Something like what you were saying Russ. That would probably be alot better than something with his heart. He has a doctor that he has been seeing ever since my wife was a little fart. Thats the doctor he saw a few days after this happened as the doc was on a vacation or something..That doctor has seen my FIL go through alot and knows practically everything that has happened to him. For him to be worried about him, says alot! He pretty much bases the rest of his patients off of him!Thanks for the kind words D4L! Us young bucks can definitely learn a thing or two from those older boys! I know one thing is for sure, my FIL has a pride issue. He has always been the man that had to be the one pull the weight. For him to have to admit that he needs help or can't do it, says alot.The doctors, years ago, gave him the option to snip his sciatic nerve to end the pain he was in from it. But he would be wheel chair bound for the rest of his life. He says heck no! He goes on grunting through life instead so he can still walk.I gotta tell ya, IMHO, when the Obamacare sets in and does its damage, were all gonna have to learn to be tough. Cause we aren't gonna get a doctor!Anyhoo, I'll give you guys an update whenever he gets his results from the heart doctor. SO maybe then you guys can all take your turn on me at the whipping post for crying wolf!