• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

quick prime 12v

branumhawk

After installing 366 spring myself yesterday I had a bit of trouble priming things up. I wore out my trigger finger trying to get a bump of fuel up to the bleed screw. Called it quits at dinner and sometime last night ran across a post by someone, somewhere about priming system with a weed killer spray bottle. I would like to give them credit but can remember who it was. Anyway, before wearing out another finger I tried it. I had some injector lines from previous pump swap on my 24v so I cut one end off and used a wire tie to hold it in the tube from a 10 dollar weed sprayer. Disconnected banjo bolt at input side of filter and bolted my chopped off end up. Made sure I had 12v going to shutoff gizmo and gave the sprayer a couple pumps till I felt pressure. Got in and turned it over a few and had diesel coming out injectors. Pumped a few more till resistance and tightened up cracked injectors. Fired right up and ran off my weed sprayer for half a minute then shut it down. Replaced lift pump feed line and started it back up and it ran great all day. Five minutes it was cooking.366 spring made a big difference and I backed the fuel screw out just a little as I got a little optimistic the first go round and now I am running clean unless I really lay on it then it clouds up. The sprayer saved me a bunch of aggravation. That prime lever wore me out and I made sure it was on the cam lobe, dont know why it wasn't working any faster. Anyway, if you find yourself looking for fuel at the injectors of your 1st gen this worked great for me.

post-11955-138698207895_thumb.jpg

post-11955-1386982079_thumb.jpg

post-11955-138698207905_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

After installing 366 spring myself yesterday I had a bit of trouble priming things up. I wore out my trigger finger trying to get a bump of fuel up to the bleed screw. Called it quits at dinner and sometime last night ran across a post by someone, somewhere about priming system with a weed killer spray bottle. I would like to give them credit but can remember who it was. Anyway, before wearing out another finger I tried it. I had some injector lines from previous pump swap on my 24v so I cut one end off and used a wire tie to hold it in the tube from a 10 dollar weed sprayer. Disconnected banjo bolt at input side of filter and bolted my chopped off end up. Made sure I had 12v going to shutoff gizmo and gave the sprayer a couple pumps till I felt pressure. Got in and turned it over a few and had diesel coming out injectors. Pumped a few more till resistance and tightened up cracked injectors. Fired right up and ran off my weed sprayer for half a minute then shut it down. Replaced lift pump feed line and started it back up and it ran great all day. Five minutes it was cooking. 366 spring made a big difference and I backed the fuel screw out just a little as I got a little optimistic the first go round and now I am running clean unless I really lay on it then it clouds up. The sprayer saved me a bunch of aggravation. That prime lever wore me out and I made sure it was on the cam lobe, dont know why it wasn't working any faster. Anyway, if you find yourself looking for fuel at the injectors of your 1st gen this worked great for me.

366 spring ? Is this for the smoke screw at the back of the AFC housing ? Lost me there ..... not a 12v person ..... but slowly learning - got a link ? INteresting on the primer .......

Hey John, I see you got an answer on that post, but here is a link to the installation if you would like to see it. Some folks don't remove the main fuel screw and hold the lever back with a piece of wire to position the top of pump back on then pull it out. I found it much easier to back it off to flush and return the main fuel screw to the "marked" previous position. It was this main fuel screw I backed out a little to lessen smoke under full throttle. Here's the link http://www.dens-site.net/Dodge_CTD/Governor_Spring/