A/C Question

My A/C compressor is activated at all of the switch positions of the heater selection switch except the off position. I think that it should only be running in AC or MAX AC and Defrost, maybe I'm wrong here. I thought that I might have a stuck relay and swapped relays but that did not correct this. Anyone have any ideas?:think: Now that it's coming toward fall I would like to have the heater running without the AC working against it.

My A/C compressor is activated at all of the switch positions of the heater selection switch except the off position. I think that it should only be running in AC or MAX AC and Defrost, maybe I'm wrong here. I thought that I might have a stuck relay and swapped relays but that did not correct this. Anyone have any ideas?:think: Now that it's coming toward fall I would like to have the heater running without the AC working against it.

Not sure what year yours is but , it's designed that way in many late models. It shouldn't run all the time,just intermittently it's supposed to help keep the humidity down. I haven't noticed (or looked for it) in my '06 but I know a friends '10 does it also.. If yours is running constant , it may be a problem in the selector?

• Administrator

Double check...MAX A/C, A/C, BiLevel, DEF-Floor and DEF modes are A/C used positions.Floor and Vent are without A/C. A/C system will naturally cut out during the winter because the low side switch will not allow temperatures below 32*F and hence so when the weather freezing cold the A/C is most likely disabled by the low side switch. On humid cool days the A/C will naturally dry the cab air out and reduce fogging of the windows hence why its setup the way it is.

• Like 1