• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A/C Question

My A/C compressor is activated at all of the switch positions of the heater selection switch except the off position. I think that it should only be running in AC or MAX AC and Defrost, maybe I'm wrong here. I thought that I might have a stuck relay and swapped relays but that did not correct this. Anyone have any ideas?:think: Now that it's coming toward fall I would like to have the heater running without the AC working against it.

My A/C compressor is activated at all of the switch positions of the heater selection switch except the off position. I think that it should only be running in AC or MAX AC and Defrost, maybe I'm wrong here. I thought that I might have a stuck relay and swapped relays but that did not correct this. Anyone have any ideas?:think: Now that it's coming toward fall I would like to have the heater running without the AC working against it.

Not sure what year yours is but , it's designed that way in many late models. It shouldn't run all the time,just intermittently it's supposed to help keep the humidity down. I haven't noticed (or looked for it) in my '06 but I know a friends '10 does it also.. If yours is running constant , it may be a problem in the selector?

• Owner

Double check...MAX A/C, A/C, BiLevel, DEF-Floor and DEF modes are A/C used positions.Floor and Vent are without A/C. A/C system will naturally cut out during the winter because the low side switch will not allow temperatures below 32*F and hence so when the weather freezing cold the A/C is most likely disabled by the low side switch. On humid cool days the A/C will naturally dry the cab air out and reduce fogging of the windows hence why its setup the way it is.

• Like 1