• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to read codes on '06

NBWW

I should invest in one. What is IIRC, and What is the sequence when using the key?Thanks for the help.The issue I'm having is continued tachometer reading low after warm up. I can see via the dash voltmeter that something is still cycling because of big fluctuation.This started as the temps began to stay near freezing.

• Owner

Sounds like the grid heaters are cycling in and out which is typical for cold weather operation. But the key trick will work. Turn the key ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON without starting within 5 seconds and the Odometer will display the error codes of both the ECm and PCM. As for reseting codes you'll need a code reader of some sort...

IIRC "If I Remamber Correctly" Forum lingo I had to learn years ago too. start with key off then cycle key on /off ending with key on the 3rd time but do not start just go to ignition on position. and look at the odometer and it will scroll through the codes. The grid heaters pull a big amount of amperage and will do so for quite a while after start up until you pass 15 mph and or intake temps get to a set level.