• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBWW

How to read codes on '06

Wild and Free    1,112
Wild and Free

IIRC the key trick works on the 06 also, did it on my friends 06 and got them a couple years ago.

NBWW    0
NBWW

I should invest in one. What is IIRC, and What is the sequence when using the key?Thanks for the help.The issue I'm having is continued tachometer reading low after warm up. I can see via the dash voltmeter that something is still cycling because of big fluctuation.This started as the temps began to stay near freezing.

Mopar1973Man    3,786
Mopar1973Man

Sounds like the grid heaters are cycling in and out which is typical for cold weather operation. But the key trick will work. Turn the key ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON without starting within 5 seconds and the Odometer will display the error codes of both the ECm and PCM. As for reseting codes you'll need a code reader of some sort...

Wild and Free    1,112
Wild and Free

IIRC "If I Remamber Correctly" Forum lingo I had to learn years ago too. start with key off then cycle key on /off ending with key on the 3rd time but do not start just go to ignition on position. and look at the odometer and it will scroll through the codes. The grid heaters pull a big amount of amperage and will do so for quite a while after start up until you pass 15 mph and or intake temps get to a set level.

Wild and Free    1,112
Wild and Free

Yep somethings wrong unless you are noticing the ac compressor cycling if you have the defroster on. The grids should stop after ground speed reaches 15 mph or so.