• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

lack of power,stock truck

At nearly 200,000 miles I'm guessing your trans has seen its better days. A valve body and torque converter would be the minimum I would do if I was going to put any money into it, otherwise your probably better off just driving it until it gives up its ghost. The only thing a Smarty is going to do for that tired ol dog is help you find that ghost, lol. JR

I wouldnt say its too much work but the price will vary greatly depending on where you get a transmission from. If somebody had a parts truck laying around with a 6 speed manual it would be a no brainer to swap out. If you have to buy a transmission and all the hydros, pedals, etc individually the cost will be up there with rebuilding an automatic. The difference being the automatic will have brand new parts and be ready to go vs a manual transmission with X number of miles. Thats not including the cost of a new clutch and slave, by the time you figure that in you could potentially have as much invested for a used manual as a fresh auto. It just depends on what kind of deals you come across. I can tell you Ive personally been looking for an NV5600 for quite some time in my area and they are selling for a premium, even with high miles on them.JR

I wouldnt say its too much work but the price will vary greatly depending on where you get a transmission from. If somebody had a parts truck laying around with a 6 speed manual it would be a no brainer to swap out. If you have to buy a transmission and all the hydros, pedals, etc individually the cost will be up there with rebuilding an automatic. The difference being the automatic will have brand new parts and be ready to go vs a manual transmission with X number of miles. Thats not including the cost of a new clutch and slave, by the time you figure that in you could easily invest as much for a used manual as a fresh auto. It just depends on what kind of deals you come across. I can tell you Ive personally been looking for an NV5600 for quite some time in my area and they are selling for a premium, even with high miles on them. JR

JR