• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

transmission overdrive & lockup solenoid?

47re troubles: Replaced governor solenoid and sensor and filter last year, did band adjustment, tranny still slams into 4th unless I plan the shift and let off the throttle. Tranny searches between 3rd and 3rd lock-up with OD off going slow on the back roads but shifts strong at throttle. Transmission overdrive & lockup solenoid? Speed sensor too? Something else to replace while I have the pan off?...can't afford a built tranny till at least next year

How is your TV cable adjusted? It should be slack at idle but tight enough to start to move as soon as the throttle starts to move.

haven't messed with it...yet

- - - Updated - - -

Adjusted TV cable to the tightest position, there's still a little slack with the pedal all the way down (stretched cable?). But, took it for a drive and 1st and 2nd shifts are are around 2000rpm with light throttle, higher than they were before, and tranny holds all the gears longer than before, not complaining. 4th goes in much smoother but I haven't taken her on the highway yet under full throttle. Does that sound right? Thanks MnTom!