• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

APPS Voltage Low ?

I recently installed a new Timbo APPS and everything went fine - that was about five days ago. Truck drove well (improved on OEM) and no CEL.Today I used the truck and got a check engine light come on for the first time ever :mad:.I will check the truck wiring in the morning - too p*ssed off right now to do anything remotely serious.When I checked the codes (using my Autel Maxiscan MS300 ODB11 Code Reader), I got P0216 - Fuel injection pump timing and P0222 - Apps voltage low. The truck runs fine and sounds good - nothing unusual happening so far.Has anyone have an idea of what the P0222 would cause - fuel pump timing error due to low signal voltage?Anything I need to be concerned about regarding low voltage - short term or long term?I am just trying to get a feel for what might be the outcome of the low voltage.I need to go over the wiring with a fine tooth comb.Any suggestions would be appreciated.ThanksmarinerPS - fuel pressure fine at 13 idle, 10 cruise at 60mph and 6 at WOT. New transfer pump ordered recently.

I checked all the wiring this morning and found nothing obvious. Checked where the wires plug into the PCM (passenger side firewall behind air filter box) and had one plug actually move slightly and then clicked ! It seems that the plug was not pushed home properly from new ?Cleared the codes and did a 60 mile trip to check. On checking codes after getting back home, found only one DTC (P0216) - the P0222 has not returned. I am hoping this code was due to the new Apps install and that nothing else is a problem.Just thought I would update on what I found. Will install the new fuel lift pump later this week.Thanksmariner