• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hydraulic Service Jack handle removal

flagmanruss

I can't see how the handle is supposed to come out of the socket. I'm giving it to my brother & the handle needs to come out for transport as I'm taking my car. It's an inexpensive "Black Jack" 3T service jack. There's 'something' protruding at the handle sock. I couldn't feel any flats/points like a bolt/. There a stud protruding from the bottom with a cotter pin. I came inside to use the head & it's raining outside the door where I parked it.

I'm guessing when the cotter pin is removed, maybe it'll slide up & out but it's been together quite a while...

I tried looking for the manual but not happening. I get card games when I Google it.

EDIT: Got It!

It's about to get dark... I looked out & decided I couldn't afford to wait until tomorrow. The shower had mostly past, but now everything was soaked. I dragged it up 2 steps into the mud room. Go ahead & rain! It's tough (with my MS) to work on things on the floor, lest I not be able to get back up. Oh, yeah, wife's away, as in out of the country. I placed a stool to kneel over so I'd not end up flat on the floor. I got a flash light & my reading glasses.

I could see the handle turning in the socket... that's good! I pulled the cotter pin but it did nothing. I could now see the protruding 'something' was a very lightly knurled knob. Vise grips to break the knob loose. The handle lifts out. There's a groove around the base of the handle that engages the knurled knob. I decided I liked the jack with the platform up one pump which gives a good handle to grab.

Job done! Next job will be to wrassle it into the car somewhere with a low lift height.

You remind me of Clint Eastwood in Gran Turino. Older than the current generation (and MS to make matters worse) yet you can outdo them, teach them, and kick their *** if need be. Every time I read these stories from you it just reinforces that viewpoint even more. Keep at it Russ!

You remind me of Clint Eastwood in Gran Turino. Older than the current generation (and MS to make matters worse) yet you can outdo them, teach them, and kick their *** if need be. Every time I read these stories from you it just reinforces that viewpoint even more. Keep at it Russ!

Ryan, it is called EXPERIENCE!! LOL!! Someday you will know what it is like.........:tease:

OK, then you'll enjoy how I got it into the Cirrus! I had the jack in the mud room down stairs. I figured it was dumb to put the jack back out on driveway level 10" down. I backed the car up near the mud room door. Laid a carpet over the trunk edge & bumper, rested the end of a plank on the bumper, the other end in the mud room. I could lift either end of the jack but probably not both at once & my back is hurting these days... So I lifted the jack onto the planks & rolled it into the trunk slicker than snot! (Can I say that here or do I have to report my own post?) One over sight was the spare tire cover is pretty flimsy but I have a couple of 12" x 36" hunks of 1/2" plywood in the truck, shifted them over. Done! Now with a big heavy vise in there & assorted other tools, and my walker... it's pretty full. Most of the heavy stuff is over the rear axle...