• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What's It Called???

dorkweed

Last Saturday while I was at my retriever clubs upland training day, I saw a part on a Dodge gasser that I thought I could modify slightly to help block off more of the front of the truck. This part goes in the opening below the front bumper step pad and the chrome bumper itself. It's black plastic that fits into the opening where my tow hooks are at. Between the tow hooks on my truck there is a wide open area to the radiator. Even with my home made winter front, there is still a big opening in the front of my truck. The truck that had this on didn't have tow hooks, but I thought I might be able to cut holes around the hooks to mount this in there. I looked in the manual, but couldn't find the part name or a picture of it. It would be about 4 feet wide and 4-5 inches high with a concave shape. Ideas.For you 2nd gen guys, the area I'm talking about would be in the OEM fog light area on your trucks. If you look at a 3rd gen truck you'll see where I'm talking.......I hope!!!:confused:

Here's a picture of my truck and work trailer........from a couple years ago. Most of my pictures are of the rear of the truck with my dog and our hunting exploits!!!!:thumbsup:You can see the chrome of the bumper and the white just above that. It's that void just above the license plate. Between the tow hooks, the radiator is right there.