• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2000 24v help needed, btw hello im new!

rudyroo11

First forum I have joined, it seems there are a lot of good intellegent people on here. I look forward to the bs'n and education. I need some help with my truck, she's my daily driver. I am getting two codes p0382,p0121. Its seems to not want to shift, its just running at 3k rpms and idles at 1k. I have replace manifold gaskets turbo gaskets and put a new exhusts with banks down pipe. I also put a new waste gate that is bigger than the original. I read on a web site to reset the apps by disconnecting the neg battery cables, let sit for 30min, hook back up and turn key to on without starting. Then slowly push the gas pedel down and slowly let it up. The problems seemed to get worse after doing this because before doing it i didnt have shifting problems. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any help.

• Owner

P0121 code http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/150-p0121-apps-sensor-volts-do-not-agree-idle-validation-signal P0382 code http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/183-p0382-intake-air-heater-relay-2-control-circuit As for the P0121 code you might just have to replace the APPS sensor with a Timbo's APPS and be done. But I would do the diagnostics first to verify its not a bad wire or other issues. P0382 is a grid heater relay that is either disconnected on the fender or the relay is bad internally.