• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Caliper Brake Bracket

I am doing a brake job, first one since owning the truck, and in order to get the rotors off the front, I need to remove the Caliper bracket correct? I was having difficulties getting those 12pt bolts loose and looked up their torque specs at 210 ft/lbs! Is that correct and does anyone have and tricks you used to get those bolts off? It feels like my socket is going to break. 

Thanks for the help.

Just got them off. My caliper bolts were torx head and bracket bolts were 12 point and looked like they had locktite on them. Just used a breaker bar with the correct 1/2 drive socket. Before I was using a 3/8 socket, then a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter to stick it on my breaker bar. The proper tool made all the difference.Thanks for the help everyone.

Yep it needs to come off to remove the rotor and you should be able to get them loose with 1/2 inch chrome 12pt socket if it is of quality if not then you need to get a better socket.

Ha so true

Broke my mates socket with a cheater bar .......... and didnt think I was going to get it off without breaking another one or the cheater itself ...