• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Updated Chart Of Fluids?

Do we have an updated chart if fluids that reflect improvements since our trucks were built? Like my owners manual from 2001 recommends ATF+3. And it seems that ATF+4 is now recommend. Be nice to have a consolidated chart for all fluids that reflect current advances in fluid technology.

I'm all for this. The only way I know is contacting the dealer, and auto parts store I actually trust or another thing I do is check the recommendation for my vehicle from Amsoil. Not for only using their product, but using it as a comparison to other products. Then buy where I feel best. Outside of that, it's been a hit or miss for me.

Go to Amsoil.com and look up your truck. It will have all the recommended fluids listed along with the amount needed. I do Like anoldbiker does, go look there and compare prices (and I am a dealer). ATF+4 is about $2 a quart cheaper for Mopar brand at Walmart than Amsoil is at the counter.