• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck in sig has a slight (mili sec) cut out, pause, on sllloooww deceleration when manually manipulating the throttle cable. Just noticed it today. I was slowly revving engine, listening for a ex manifold leak and noticed when I reved engine up tp 1500rpm then very slowly let the throttle return to idle there was a dead spot round 1200rpm. Could not duplicate it going fast, or while driving. Any Clue, should I be concerned? Yes I do have a pin hole ex manifold leak on #3. Only audible @ idle and visible by the blowby between head and manifold...

Up date,,, no codes and TPS 1yr old and tested good. Sprayed linkage.Still have the dead spot!! I have crawled all over that engine the last 2yr & never noticed it. I believe the throttle/injector pump problem is new one on me.. In the past yr I replaced ALL fuel Lines & oversized banjo fittings from tank to pump.

Edited by rdsutton

Any error codes?

Do you have access to live data tool like a ScanGauge II? I would check the TPS signal for a drop out or use a DVM against the APPS sensor checking for a voltage drop or sudden change.

None of that would have anything to do with this problem on a 12v, TPS is only used for the auto trans and there is no APPS.

Maybe the throttle cable/linkage has a spot where it sticks little, you could try spraying it up with some lube and see if that helps at all.