• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Light Duty Cummins

Ilikeoldfords

I think there was a thread around a while back about the Nissan Titan being offered with a new Cummins V8. I just got word that the new Toyota Tundras will be offered with the same Cummins.

http://www.autoloandaily.com/tundra-diesel-2016-toyota-tundra-cummins-turbodiesel--3446

The Ram 1500's will be offered with some Italian diesel, not the Cummins. I think it has something to do with Chrysler's relationship to Fiat. Fiat is who will produce that italian diesel for the new Rams. I have not heard either way if the 2500/3500's will still have a Cummins or not though.

Just thought I would post something about it because it is a big change in the diesel world. Just imagine all of the people trying to pull their 40ft toy haulers with their Toyota Tundra.......

Its a smart move by ram/fiat. Only need parts for 2 diesel engines and from what i have heard, the cummins is a fuel hog. Ram said hat for what the 5.0 is putting out for power, that most people will just buy a 3/4 ton to use it. There was an article in the diesel power magazine where they overloaded the 1500 and it still got 19 mpg. And got something like 29mpg at 75mph. I cant wait to see what they actually get with a broke in engine. Every article i have read on th new ecodiesels, they have been realky happy with the power/mileage. I just wish i could afford one.

I agree, I think a 5.0 Liter diesel engine with 500 ft lbs torque is just too much for a half ton, early rumors of fuel mileage are somewhere in the low To mid 20s at best. Not good enough IMO considering the extra cost of the engine, maintenance, and fuel prices. It would have been nice to see Ram stick with a Cummins but I don't think the 5.0 Is a good fit in a half ton. You can have an engine pushing 700 ft lbs and it isn't going to up the towing capacity any, a half ton is a half ton.

One truck I would be interested in seeing come to production is Nissans concept Frontier with the 2.8l Cummins. I think there would be quite the market for a compact truck with a diesel. I know if there were some used ones out on the road right now I would probably own one for a daily driver.