Pyrometer Install

So i have everything wired up, gauge, amplifier, probe. The only thing I have left is literally the power and ground. I spliced my power for all my gauges into the dimmer switch, but what have you guys spliced in for power for the actual pyrometer? I ran out of time yesterday and literally I was at the point of "eeny meeny miney mo."

Any ideas that is a good 12v key source and not hard to get to?

Finally got my pyrometer installed. MAN WAS IT A PITFA to tap the manifold!!!!!!  I actually couldn't get it tapped at all for a long time!! I got the engine hot, tried it, no bueno...tried using a heat gun on the surface, still no bueno. I even put ice on it thinking if I make it harder then the tap would grab....still nothing but pissing in the wind. I finally broke down went to the auto parts store and bought another 1/8 NPT tap and BAM!!!! It worked like a charm, stupid *** tap was more dull than I thought. After about 3 seconds it grabbed like a boss and started my tapping procedure. I got the power and ground hooked up and I absolutely love this gauge. New to me in the sense I have never seen one work except for CHT gauges in a plane.

After driving for some time yesterday and today I found out that at idle my EGTs are between 300-325*F at idle and at 70mph it will fluctuate around 600-700*F. I even tried to get the truck above 1100*F and I barely made it there at WOT from 50-80mph 6th gear pull. I mean it barely made the very tip of the yellow on my gauge, so I assume everything is working like it should be on my truck. Thoughts? Is this all normal?

Edited by Kotta390