• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Servicing Fluids for Spring Time

^^^ that would be your throw out bearing.  If it only makes a little noise you still have time, if its making a ruckus, your gonna want to address the issue a little sooner.

The throw out bearing would be making noise with the clutch in and not out. 

• Like 1

Well I finally got around to getting these fluids changed out. They were all pretty dark and smelly. I cannot believe the difference in how it shifts with the Amsoil in there!! So much smoother and quieter. Makes me wonder if the previous owner either put the wrong fluid in or maybe it was the original fluid. I did throw an extra quart down the shift tower like some others have. I think my next order of business is going to be the differentials and T-case but they will have to wait a few months. Looks like we will be moving again..

• Like 1

Been MANY years since I have been to the Missoula area. I have been off the road for about 25 years...... Now that I am retired I am hoping to spend some time on it again, BUT, at a much slower pace.

Well the job opportunity came up but our families all live back in WA state so it will be nice to be closer to them. Traveling is all I want to do. I can understand getting out on the road. All the new places to see and people to meet. Its amazing how many people are ignorant to spending time this way.

Ok the truck in the sig has been running ATF valvalen Dex / Mex synthetic in trans & P S for 3yrs now and driven very hard, 45k. No worries, leaks, or hose fitting failures! Red head steering gear Bx. To me one less fluid to carry in tool Bx. The ATF will absorb and disparate heat better and last longer than PS fluid IMHP. DOT4 in master cyl.