• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

SuperTech

dorkweed

Did some routine maintenance yesterday.  Changed the OEM FF and the GDP 2 micron secondary FF.  I also changed the engine oil and filters.  Went with my usual oil filter LF3972 and a Scott 1000 roll of TP.

Only difference is that I went back to WallyWorld SuperTech 15W40.  I had been using Valvoline Premium Blue for the last few years because I found a great deal on it after I had the "timing cover" gasket replace several years ago................and bought a "stash" of it for cheaper than the  SuperTech.

I've got 211,5xx on the clock on MightyWhitey;  and I see no reason to change my complete yearly changes with a TP change and a quart of "make-up" oil half way thru that time as I was doing with the VPB.

What think y'all???

All this time, I  thought you guys were kidding about the  toilet paper thing.... :duh:     I've  seen several  fuel filters  built that way...

Me,   I'd  run the  'different' oil  for   a bit. 3-4k miles .. change it, then  move into your  yearly  regime.     You may have some  'stuff' moving around/breaking loose   that  you may not want  circulating  due to the   change in  oil.. 

All this time, I  thought you guys were kidding about the  toilet paper thing.... :duh:     I've  seen several  fuel filters  built that way...

Me,   I'd  run the  'different' oil  for   a bit. 3-4k miles .. change it, then  move into your  yearly  regime.     You may have some  'stuff' moving around/breaking loose   that  you may not want  circulating  due to the   change in  oil..

Rancherman;  I've been running this MotorGuard TP bypass oil filter since about 30,000 miles on my truck.  The TP doesn't break down in oil like it does in water.  One of the best filtering medias out there.

From the first oil change on my truck, I ran SuperTech.  Then I got the MotorGuard TP bypass setup and ran SuperTech without a complete oil change for 82,000 miles per 2500 mile TP and 1qt make up oil added.  

SuperTech is not new to my truck.