• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wiring in my seats

I installed my heated leather seats but still haven't wired the heating part of them. The seat is out of a 2001 gas truck and mines a 2002 diesel so the harnesses are different. I'm just wondering how aftermarket heated seats work in relation to I believe you just wire a power source to them, but what tells them to shut down after reaching a certain temperature? I'm wondering if I can in fact just power the heating element and not worry about it burning up if it's not wired to the computer of my truck?  Would make it a heck of alot easier if I could just do that

I know the wiring schematic shows the relays cycle, but i also don't know if its the actual CTM that's shuts them down or if there's a switch in the seat itself that says hey...we're getting to hot and stops the cycle. Aftermarket units must shut down somehow, thought someone might now