• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New 6.7 owner...

Archer

Ok guys...Here goes my first post. I have been a viewer for several years and greatly appreciate all of you that have shared your knowledge here. I just purchased the 2010 for my wife to drive and I have a question regarding the 2 cycle oil diet. I use it religously in my 2001 after replacing three VP44's and 2 lift pumps (I know, I am a little slow catching on ). But with all of the emissions stuff, I am unsure if it will help or hurt. We just retired and moved to Wyoming in November and are loving it. Just need to keep these two "children" happy and fed well. Thanks in advance...

• Owner

Actually with the Emission junk on you can't run the 2 cycle oil because of the DPF and EGR problems... But if you mod it later in life and yank that stuff out I know of a small handful of guy using 2 cycle in 6.7L that are moded... But the biggest problem is the filter... You need to add a 2 micron filter... The electronic injector are a weird duck but the fact is there is a very small BB that seats in the head of the to control the injector firing well the debris will hone the seat out where the BB seats and then it bleeds pressure causing the injector to bleed constantly... Hence hard starting and whit smoke issues.

I hear unplugging the EGR is very important on the 6.7? I have owned a few EGR diesels, and to stop the gunk, you got to disable the EGR. Just wondering, are the feeding the CCV into the intake on these 6.7 engines as well, or do they still have the draft tube?