• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6.7 block heater...

Archer

I just purchased the 2010 with the 6.7 engine. The block heater wasn't listed on the window sticker, but in my internet research I find some references to Dodge actually installing the heater but not including the connecting cord. Evidently the cord costs $40-50. Can any of you confirm this to be true? Thanks in advance...

Well, I was curious...so I crawled underneath her truck. I did find what looks to be the block heater with a plastic screw on cap. I unscrewed the cap and felt two prongs inside the housing. I will make a trip to Napa in the morning and inquire about the plug. Thanks...hope this info helps others out...I will try to take some pictures for reference.

• Owner

Well it more like the Cummins engine was built by cummins. But when Dodge sold trucks in Florida I'm sure Dodge did bother with block heater cords even though Cummins stuck block heater elements in the engine. Who would need a block heater in Texas, Florida, Etc. ??? But all northern turck had cords. But in some travels these trucks traded places. So a guy living in the south goes to Alaska just has to add a cord but the guy the went from Alaska to florida most likely tie the road up or yank it out... Just weird... But be thankful Cummins stuck a heater in all blocks because these heater are not cheap! $120-$140 buck for just the heater without a cord! :wow:

Well, I was curious...so I crawled underneath her truck. I did find what looks to be the block heater with a plastic screw on cap. I unscrewed the cap and felt two prongs inside the housing. I will make a trip to Napa in the morning and inquire about the plug. Thanks...hope this info helps others out...I will try to take some pictures for reference.

That is your block heater, you can find a cord for it on line for $32 if you don't want to pay the dealer. All cummins engines come with a block heater from the factory, they are shiped to dodge with the cord and some other wiring stacked on top of the engine. When dodge installs the engine they don't always install the cord. I live in north east MN and my truck also didn't come with a cord. I picked one up from a friend that had access to a few.