• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Watch your rebuilt parts....

JAG1

• Staff

Last week I got a rebuilt caliper for my son in laws Honda car. Problem was the chip or chisel like mark right where the brake line sealing washer goes. Every time we bleed that one it was squirting brake fluid. Took it back.

Next I went to change my master cylinder on my 1st gen again because it was a recent rebuild and the top kept leaking. But when I pulled the top off the newer one today, to bench bleed, it has a big chip out of the casting where the cap contacts the body. It even looked a bit like it was hit with a hammer on top.

So dealing with rebuilds you want to look at all the surfaces that mate up to other parts before leaving the store.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff

be sure and add grease to the slide pins under the rubber boots. I always check to see they slide well enough using a clamp or my hands.

I forgot to mention too, the guy at the auto parts counter told me the 3 month old rebuilt master cylinder top was leaking due to an aftermarket resevior cap they used. It did not hold tight enough and found out when he pulled another master cylinderto compare.

So I gues it's best to look everything over real good and compare yours to the rebuilt one out of the box..

Edited by JAG1