• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

He351ve stand alone Arduino controller code for 2nd Gen Cummins

I figured they did not take into account the shaft speed on the turbo or drive pressure. I believe hackers truck is a manual truck, I wasn't sure how much of his code you actually used when writing your programming which is what I would like to use as a base rather than utilizing the LILBB controller which I believe functions solely on shaft speed of the turbo, although I could be wrong.

The base of my code is the same as his.  %90 of the time my code is only using shaft speed as well.   I think his latest set of code uses engine rpm as well. 

Mine used TPS and drive/boost for backup and to limit exhaust pressure if you like.  

Edited by Me78569

I bought the right plugs and created a passthrough on all wires other than the signal,  then tapped that signal wire.

I don't regulate DP to 2:1, rather I set a max desired DP for EB.   Rather than regulate via DP I prefer you set your vane position tuning to keep DP in check where you want it. 

Down low in the rpm band you will find that you need high DP ratio to get the turbo to light.   IE if you are at 2 psi boost you will see 10 psi of drive pressure when trying to get it to light.  Then up top you will find that the DP ratio comes down.

Edited by Me78569

So you only regulate drive pressure when doing something such as using the exhaust break, that's where you see a lot of failures on 6.7 trucks when someone goes in and does aggressive tuning with the factory exhaust brake and puts drive pressure through the roof. As far as the tps goes essentially you just wire tapped the tps signal wire but you built a harness similar to what a boost fooler does with the map sensor correct? That way you wouldn't have to mess with the factory harness.

Yep very similar to a boost fooler.  

The HE351ve is a GREAT turbo so long as you don't push it too hard.  That's the issue with 6.7 guys, they expect it to take too much.   You could write in a DP control routine, but I have found that if you keep the turbo under 450 hp the turbo is happy and DP is nearly 1:1 up top.  

That's the beauty of the shaft speed controlled system, when you start seeing shaft speeds of 120,000 rpm the vanes open to keep shaft speeds in check AND keep the turbo in it's map.

• Like 1

How did you wire the controller into the truck? Did you just run a direct 12 volts to it? And do all the sensors such as boost, Dp and the turbo itself draw power and ground directly from the controller itself, judging by the how to it looks like everything pulls power and ground from the controller so the controller is the only thing that gets wired into power and ground off of the truck

a wiring diagram for your harness would be awesome! I personally am using the uno, I am going to wire up sensors for boost, drive pressure, the tps input, and I would like to use your 1.11 code to control the turbo at least to start as a base. Also do you have any more detail on connecting the 9924 chip to the board, I noticed in a previous post you referenced some extra pieces to do this and the vr+ and vr- lines use the same 10k ohm pull-up resistor as the pin7 into the shield.  I'm sorry I have so many questions.

Here's how you wire up the 9924 chip

1 vr+ ( turbo +)
2 vr- ( turbo -)
3 NC ( not connected)
4 GND 
5 GND

10 +5v
9 GND
8 NC
7 IO8 + 10k + 5v pullup 
6 GND

Top left is 1, Top right is 10
Bottom left is 5, Bottom right is 6

pin 1/2 go tot he shaft speed sensor.  then 5v and grnd when specified, then pin 7 goes into the pin on the arduino with a 10k resistor connected to 5v

I can try to take a picture later.

A picture would be great I am a very visual  learner. For pins 1 and 2 do you need to put a resistor in line and connect the two lines with a capacitor? I thought a previous post mentioned this but I could be wrong. And off of pin7 you are just putting an in line 10k pull-up resistor correct?

Whenever you get a chance, a wiring diagram and some pictures of your harness and setup would be awesome. I've wanted to switch over to a 351ve ever since I rode in a truck that had a fleece controller 3 years ago, and I just picked up a turbo so i figure this will make a nice winter project. Are you still running a he351ve?

Well after over a year I return. Glad to see you have taken this concept and turned it into a reality. I have learned so much about the HE351VE, HE300VG and it's larger and smaller brethren. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.