• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

For you beekeepers!

Ilikeoldfords

Yea...

It's been quite the rage on the bee forum lately. Got a lot of naysayers. Personally, i think it works as i seen some of the pictures and mechanically it's not that complicated.

I might entertain the idea as long as the price tag for it won't be too high.

Typically beekeepers extract their honey with a centrifuge. Depending on the scale of your operation, they can go for thousands. I'll be doing some cost analysis soon.

Are you beekeeping too,Joe?

On a hobbyist level,crushing and straining, is feasible. But it's highly inefficient for larger operations.

Wax is precious and especially when it's drawn out. Bees won't have to consume more nectar to draw out comb again before filling it with honey. They can go straight to filling comb again.

Oh wow,that's cool!

Join beesource as soon as possible, join a local bee club if possible,too.

Don't think you can get away being treatment free either. You WILL, have to treat them.

If i can be of any assistance to you, pm me any time or you can call me. I recommend youtubing fat bee man, and googling Michael Bush.

Im hoping to go into fall with 12 hives this year. Have 6 nucs on order for spring and hope to have my 3 remaining hives come out of winter alive.

Goal is to get to 50 asap, so i can start doing local pollination.

Anyways, this flow hive is setting crazy numbers within 24 hours. It's also showing to be an expensive system too!

I'm going to do the oxalic acid vaporization for mites. Actually saw Michael bush at a one day presentation here this winter. A wealth of info, but the reality is that treatment free is a long road. I think he has some good ideas to integrate, but I'm not going treatment free. It's taken decades for Michael to get treatment free and it starts with bees that are genetically survivers.

Going one hive top entrance and one regular bottom. Looks like mites and swarm control are the big issues. Keeping the population high going into winter. Feeding at appropriate times.