• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

question for 01 owners with Hydro boost

Can someone who owns an 01, or similiar brake system, with hyro boost brakes tell me how I can bleed the ABS system. I have replaced my hydro boost and bled the the lines at the tiresbutg, they are still spongy. Is there some other place I should be bleeding the system from??:shrug: Thanks for the help!!!:thumbup2:

• Owner

I normally just bleed the brakes at the wheels... But I've got a mayo jar setup with a vinyl tube going into it... So this allows my to bleed the system by myself. Now for getting air out I've just setup on the farthe wheel (rear right) and worked my way towards the shortest (left front). But now bleeding the system I would push down hard and quickly and let up slowly on the pedal. This action pushes the air bubble down the line with the fluid but keep it from sucking back up the line because of the slow return rate. Here is another write up... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/general/brakes/brakes.htm