• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MAP lights and fuel level sensor (wire harness) + transmission

3 dumb quick questions 1) Can someone paint me a picture or upload one) of how the spring/plastic button in the overhead MAP lights go together. I had it fixed (1 side) then took it apart for reference to fix other side and it all flew over the truck - and now neither work so I have no point of reference. Just the spring activated button with the plastic toggles. How many pieces and how they connect to create the 'spring'. 2) I had a faulty vp44 and tracked back to dodgy (like the pun ?) fuel output/return lines on top of fuel canister in tank. Whilst taking the grey clip off the harness/canister to check I broke it - and now it says FULL all the time when reconnected. I bought a second once from an 02 dodge with 6" wiring - can I just cut the old one off and splice the wires together and use new clip for good connection ? 3) How do you tell when tranny is going as opposed to TC ........... and when to replace ?? I have stock with 4x4 auto and I want to get edge juice attitude etc and not sure how long tranny will last THANKS GUYS !!!

• Owner

3 dumb quick questions

1) Can someone paint me a picture or upload one) of how the spring/plastic button in the overhead MAP lights go together. I had it fixed (1 side) then took it apart for reference to fix other side and it all flew over the truck - and now neither work so I have no point of reference. Just the spring activated button with the plastic toggles. How many pieces and how they connect to create the 'spring'.

Ewwww... Errr... Ummm... :rolleyes:

2) I had a faulty vp44 and tracked back to dodgy (like the pun ?) fuel output/return lines on top of fuel canister in tank. Whilst taking the grey clip off the harness/canister to check I broke it - and now it says FULL all the time when reconnected. I bought a second once from an 02 dodge with 6" wiring - can I just cut the old one off and splice the wires together and use new clip for good connection ?

Yes... But I would solder the connection together and then shrink tube it with a small touch of di-electric grease.

3) How do you tell when tranny is going as opposed to TC ........... and when to replace ?? I have stock with 4x4 auto and I want to get edge juice attitude etc and not sure how long tranny will last

THANKS GUYS !!!

As for the Trans it won't hold the Edge Juice at all... You would have to at least put a TQ Converter and a Valve Body in...

I'll send you a pic of the MAP lights and spring I mean. basically - in overhead console there are 2 lights. Behind the light is a spring device made up of 1) Spring2) 3 or 4 bits of plastic for on/off mechanism for light I wanna know how it alls sits together as I have them all over the place now - and I have 'no spring' - so wanna fix it :) I think I am putting the pieces in the wrong order thx

post-10132-138698164096_thumb.jpgokHere's what I mean with the parts for the MAP lights in console inside cabpost-10132-138698164086_thumb.jpg So Basically I have the plastic 'nipple' that gets pressed when you hit the glass panel, the spring - and the other piece. It all went flying out on the one working side - and now when I put back together it has no 'spring' to it - just 'flat'. Am I missing a piece or do I need to put together in a certain way ? thanks

• Owner

ok [ATTACH=CONFIG]647[/ATTACH] Here's what I mean with the parts for the MAP lights in console inside cab [ATTACH=CONFIG]646[/ATTACH] So Basically I have the plastic 'nipple' that gets pressed when you hit the glass panel, the spring - and the other piece. It all went flying out on the one working side - and now when I put back together it has no 'spring' to it - just 'flat'. Am I missing a piece or do I need to put together in a certain way ? thanks

Then I'm going to assume the spring assembly fits in the square depression in the corner of the 1st pic. Then the white button is the switch right? The assembly reminds me of a ball point pen you click up and down. Find a ball point pen that is see through like Pilot G2 and youll see what I mean... I know this isn't answering you problem but it might give a clue to the assembly process...