• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'm in the process of getting my parts together to fab up a compuond setup. Top turbo is a HE351. I picked up a HT3B for the low pressure turbo. I thought it was a 26cm exhaust housing. Turned out to be a 32cm. Questoin is this. With a set of 150 sticks do you guys think the 32 will light? Or should I just start looiking for a 26/27 cm housing? How bad do you think this wild lag used as a 32? You can see my current mods in my sig. Thanks

Not quite sure how this measures but I had a turbo off a series 60 on mine and the only way I could get it to light was in 5th, to the floor, and only after it had got to 1400F,THEN, and only then, would I hit 15psi :lmao: I will have to do some more searching and find out what size that was. I know the exhaust on it was 5" right from the turbo. I don't know how much turbos help each other though. Would definitely help having a smaller turbo drive the other, but I have never messed with that kind of setup. I will find out how big the turbo I tried was..

Posted Image

• Owner

I think that is the problem with most guys that start moding there truck... The fact that when we start adding fuel we always add more boost but get carried away with the boost numbers. Like I found out on Taz's 92 he's got a HX35 mounted in place of the H1C that came stock. He's got a VE pump with 366 gov spring and the poump turned up and re-index the arm. But he burying the boost gauge at 30+ PSI and never getting pyro above 600-700*F... well as we back down the boost pressure to about 20-25 PSI the pyrometer started to come up and power increased too. It's very possible to to flood the engine with too much air basically blowing out the flame.

I think that is the problem with most guys that start moding there truck... The fact that when we start adding fuel we always add more boost but get carried away with the boost numbers. Like I found out on Taz's 92 he's got a HX35 mounted in place of the H1C that came stock. He's got a VE pump with 366 gov spring and the poump turned up and re-index the arm. But he burying the boost gauge at 30+ PSI and never getting pyro above 600-700*F... well as we back down the boost pressure to about 20-25 PSI the pyrometer started to come up and power increased too. It's very possible to to flood the engine with too much air basically blowing out the flame.

nah...he just needed more fuel! :)

• Owner

i agree completely. i was trying to be funny.

I figured that... :lol:

that is why our motors have all those sensor/electronics, to match air with proper amount of fuel. and why when you buy a turbo, they wanna know what injectors you have

That why i seen some really weird number on dyno's for older 12V trucks. I've seen were guys have been looking for big boost numbers just to say they got it. But in the long haul their Dyno numbers were poor. But yea with a 24V the sensor do a good part of the job but not all. Still best to get the right turbo for the amount of fuel your spraying.

Like myself I know I'm at the end of my rope. RV275 injectors and Edge Comp I would have to upgrade turbo if i went up more. But I would also be looking into a Dual Disc Clutch. Then might be time to look towards ARP studs and fire-ring the head too... The slippy slope of BOMBing your Cummins... Ahhhhh! :ahhh::spend:

Like myself I know I'm at the end of my rope. RV275 injectors and Edge Comp I would have to upgrade turbo if i went up more. But I would also be looking into a Dual Disc Clutch. Then might be time to look towards ARP studs and fire-ring the head too... The slippy slope of BOMBing your Cummins... Ahhhhh! :ahhh::spend:

My 02 is at 560 hp with 150 injectors and an HRVP and have been there for around 4 years and regularly sled pull and drag race and have put about 60k on this setup currently at 115k total with OEM head gasket and head bolts..............Yeah its all virgin yet, never been opened up. Have been over 450 hp for about 6 years and had 2 bigger turbos but kept the gate set at 40-42 and still going strong.

My 02 is at 560 hp with 150 injectors and an HRVP and have been there for around 4 years and regularly sled pull and drag race and have put about 60k on this setup currently at 115k total with OEM head gasket and head bolts..............Yeah its all virgin yet, never been opened up. Have been over 450 hp for about 6 years and had 2 bigger turbos but kept the gate set at 40-42 and still going strong.

What Turbo are you running?